Via Fort Lauderdale Airport (FLL):
- Aerborne Aviation | 866-359-2372
- Air Charter Bahamas (also via Miami)| 866-359-4752
- Air Flight Charters | 954-359-0320
- Bahama Express – Brokered group seating | 954-356-1540
- Island Air Charters | 954-359-9942
- Island Wings | 954-617-8804
Via other airports:
- Air Gate– Via Daytona | 386-478-0600
- Air Unlimited– Via Orlando – Scheduled & Charters | 407-585-4300
- Baer Air Sales-Via Melbourne – Abaco charters on your schedule | 321-956-9695
- Cherokee Air Charters– Via MHH | 866-920-9971
- Gold Coast Aviation, via West Palm Beach | 561-436-2060
- Southern Air Charters -Stateside Via Nassau & Out Islands
Moving around this tiny island (it’s only 3 miles long and ½ mile wide, after all) is quite a treat! Most locals and tourists travel around in golf carts with the wind in their hair. You can also rent a boat if you wish and leave it at our dock – we offer free dockage with your stay for boats up to 34 feet.
What to do
With its supreme placement in between an ocean and a sea, Green Turtle Cay offers a vast array of watersports and other water-based activities, as well as sightseeing. You can also enjoy traditional Caribbean dishes featuring fresh, seasonal and local seafood while you bask in the sun’s rays. Finally, our beaches are well-known for shelling and sea glass, and you can even enjoy a game of pickle ball in season.
Cocobay Cottages are located on Cocobay on the Sea of Abaco, well-known for being a bonefishing hotspot! Bring your gear and walk the 100 feet or so to the flats or make arrangements with 3 local fishing guides:
- Ronnie Sawyer | 1 (242) 365-4070
- Abaco Fly Fish | 1 (242) 365-4261
- O’Donnell McIntosh of Cooperstown | 1 (242) 365-0126
SCUBA DIVING & SNORKELING DAY TRIPS
With the second largest reef in the world located just a few miles off the coast, this area of the Bahamas has some of the healthiest corals in the region. The waters feature a rich biodiversity including sea fans, sea tubes, and coral as well as angelfish, barracuda, and jacks.
- Brendal’s Dive Center
- Island Adventures with Lincoln Jones | 1 (242) 365-4223
- Arawak Adventures | 1 (242) 577-4394
Information about the Abaco Islands & the Bahamas
- The Official Site of the Bahamas | Discover The Abacos
- Sandy Estabrook’s Guide to Abaco | The Internet’s Most Complete Guide to Abaco
Are you interested in the history of the Bahamas, past to present?
Visit the Bahamas Guide and learn about the country’s rich history.